When It Feels like God Isn’t Hearing Your Prayers
Philippians 4:8-9 asks, “Why do You hide Your face from me?” (Psalm 88:14). There is no easy solution or five-step plan to praying; all we can do is pray and read the Bible. Faith is trusting that God hears our prayers, even when we doubt they’re being heard. Faith is grounded in trust that God’s Word is true.
Why is God not listening to my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
What does it mean when you pray and God is silent?
Trust God’s presence when you hear God’s silence and feel his absence; however, the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace, forgiveness, and presence to you. God is with us and active even when God is silent.
Does the Lord hear me when I pray?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.
How do you know if God is hearing your prayers?
God Is Answering Your Prayers in 4 Ways
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word.
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Others.
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
Why is prayer silent?
Silent prayer, or even a moment of silence at a public solemn event, is practiced in many cultures by people of various religions and those who have no religious affiliations, and the divine power of Spirit that can be felt during silent prayer helps us feel our Father in heaven’s healing and protecting presence.
What are signs that God is talking to you?
Is it possible that you’re ignoring signs that God is speaking to you?
- God’s Audible Voice.
- Wise Counsel.
- Visions and Dreams.
- Your Inner Knowing.
- Blocked Paths.
- Do you do your devotions or Bible study every day but consciously choose to live in direct opposition to His word?
Does God hear the prayers of everyone?
I’ve come to the conclusion that God hears all who pray, but that we must live the commandments and seek him in order to receive his answers. Prayer is a form of communication between God and man, and our questions to the Lord in prayer for knowledge and wisdom should be faithful questions.
Does God speak to sinners?
Others confess their sins at their bedside after reading the Bible; God speaks to the sinner’s heart no matter where they are; however, there is only “One Way” to salvation, which is through the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
Does God forgive all sins?
All sins shall be forgiven, except sins against the Holy Ghost; for Jesus will save all except the sons of perdition; he must first receive the Holy Ghost, have the heavens opened unto him, and know God, and then sin against him; there is no repentance for a man who has sinned against the Holy Ghost.