Listening to God in Prayer
Listening isn’t usually the first thing that comes to mind when we think of prayer, but prayer is communion with God, and that necessitates that we listen to what’s on God’s mind. How can we improve our listening skills so that we can hear His voice?
David models someone who waits on God in this way in the Psalms: “My soul waits in silence for God only” (Psalm 46:10). Contemplative prayer is being with God, empty-handed, waiting attentively for whatever He wants to say.
Why is God not listening to my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
How do I know that God is listening to my prayers?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.
Why do I feel like I can’t hear God?
Most people are unable to hear God’s voice because they do not believe He is speaking to them; they may believe they lack the ability, they may have false theological barriers to hearing God’s voice, or they may simply believe God would not speak to them because they are unqualified.
How do I pray to God when I’m scared?
Dear God, I come before You to lay my fear and anxiety at Your feet; remind me of Your power and grace when I’m crushed by my fears and worries; fill me with Your peace as I trust in You and You alone.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How do you know when God is punishing you?
Because you’re a normal human being in a broken world, you’re experiencing difficult losses, painful emotions, terrible situations, depression, and loneliness. Your feelings are normal, but they’re not accurate; you think God is punishing you, but that’s just how you feel. God loves you and is watching over you.
Does God hear every prayer?
While this may appear harsh, it is simply the truth: God does not hear every prayer that is offered to him; rather, God hears the prayers of those who put their faith in him.
How do you know if God is trying to tell you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
How do I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How do you hear God in silence?
Now that you understand some of the reasons why God may appear to be silent in your life, here are seven ways to begin hearing God’s voice in your life right away.
- Reading God’s Word.
- Advice from Wise People.
- Worship Music.
How can I hear God directly?
What Is The Best Way To Hear God’s Voice?
- Humble yourself and get down on your knees.
- Pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
Does prayer reduce anxiety?
According to research, active participation of patients in private or personal prayer can reduce levels of depression and anxiety in patients. Researchers gathered data from 26 studies that identified the active involvement of patients in private or personal prayer.
Can God help me with anxiety?
We can pray to God and ask him to help us know what to do when we are worried, stressed, or afraid; he can calm us and send peace; and if our worries are unwarranted, he can calm the anxious thoughts in our minds and help us refocus on what he wants us to be concerned about.
What is a good prayer for anxiety?
Please, loving God, grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a raging sea, and I can’t seem to find my balance, so I constantly stumble and worry. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to discover my purpose and walk the path you’ve laid out for me.