5 Things to Do When God Seems Silent | Cru
Job’s cries for help and relief are met only by God’s deafening silence in the Bible, and as Christians, we can learn a few practical things to do when God seems silent.
1. Examine Your Life
“If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened,” says Psalm 66:18 (New Living Translation). This requires looking deeply at our lives, asking for forgiveness as God brings things to mind, and remembering that repentance is not shameful.
2. Accept God’s Authority
Accepting God’s authority also means actively trusting God: “Though He slay me, I will hope in Him” (Job 13:15, English Standard Version).
3. Listen to What God Is Saying
Ask God to speak to you through the Holy Spirit as you read the Bible; often, verses of Scripture can take on new meaning in light of current issues. The Bible is full of specific answers to what is right and wrong, as well as information about God’s character.
4. Recognize That Silence Can Be Intimate
The Gospel of John tells a story about Jesus’ friends Lazarus, Mary, and Martha, and how when Jesus learned that Lazarus was sick, he stayed for two more days (John 11:6).
5. Keep Talking to God
God is silent in the Book of Job, but the psalmists modeled crying out to Him. God’s silence isn’t a license to abandon Him; rather, it’s an invitation to press forward and seek Him even more diligently.
Why is God not answering my prayers?
– If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and don’t correct it, you’re’regarding iniquity in your heart,’ and should therefore disregard God answering your prayers.
What do you do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.” 2. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners.”
How do I know if God hears me?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
Can God be silent?
When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. God is with us and active even when God is silent. Matthew 1:23 says, “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
Why is prayer silent?
Silent prayer, or even a moment of silence at a public solemn event, is practiced in many cultures by people of various religions and those who have no religious affiliations, and the divine power of Spirit that can be felt during silent prayer helps us feel our Father in heaven’s healing and protecting presence.
How can I be silent and listen to God?
1) Find a quiet place and sit in silence with God for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. Use this time for listening prayer, resisting the urge to fill the space with words.
What stops prayers from being answered?
What stands in the way of my prayers being answered?
- Taking God for granted: No one wants to be taken for granted.
- Lacking Faith, Boldness, and Expectancy: God wants us to rely on Him and come to Him knowing that He wants to help us.
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.
Does God speak to sinners?
Others confess their sins at their bedside after reading the Bible; God speaks to the sinner’s heart no matter where they are; however, there is only “One Way” to salvation, which is through the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
How do you know when God is punishing you?
Because you’re a normal human being in a broken world, you’re experiencing difficult losses, painful emotions, terrible situations, depression, and loneliness. Your feelings are normal, but they’re not accurate; you think God is punishing you, but that’s just how you feel. God loves you and is watching over you.
Does God hear every prayer?
While this may appear harsh, it is simply the truth: God does not hear every prayer that is offered to him; rather, God hears the prayers of those who put their faith in him.