Does God Hear the Prayers of the Unsaved?
George: “Yes, he does and, no, he doesn’t.” The unconverted are praying, “Not my will, but yours be done,” while Jesus says, “No, God doesn’t hear the prayers of those.” If we’re biblically informed enough, we’re willing to say, “Not my will, but yours be done.”
Does God hear every prayer?
While this may appear harsh, it is simply the truth: God does not hear every prayer that is offered to him; rather, God hears the prayers of those who put their faith in him.
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.” 2. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners.”
What are signs that God is listening to your prayers?
God Is Answering Your Prayers in 4 Ways
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word.
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Others.
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
Is it a sin to be lazy?
Laziness is a sin because it causes people to stop growing. It is refusing to obey God and doing everything for His glory, as well as missing out on relying on the Holy Spirit for rest even in the most difficult and craziest of circumstances.
How do I know if God hears me?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.
What causes God not to answer prayers?
– If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and don’t correct it, you’re’regarding iniquity in your heart,’ and should therefore disregard God answering your prayers.
Does God speak to sinners?
Others confess their sins at their bedside after reading the Bible; God speaks to the sinner’s heart no matter where they are; however, there is only “One Way” to salvation, which is through the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
Why should I pray if God doesn’t answer?
Takeaway: God always answers prayers, even when the answer is no; we don’t always get what we want because God wants us to be self-sufficient; rather than using God as a crutch, he wants to know if we still have faith even when he doesn’t give us what we want.
What are the 7 signs of the Holy Spirit?
Wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord are the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit, which some Christians accept as a definitive list of specific attributes, while others see them as examples of the Holy Spirit’s work through the faithful.
How do you know if God is trying to tell you something?
Repetition, or when a theme or message jumps out at you repeatedly, is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention. It can be through Scripture, sermons, articles, podcasts, or any other means He chooses.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What are the 5 sins?
Pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth are the most common.
Is having depression a sin?
When dealing with people in the church, some see mental illness as a weakness u2014 a sign that you don’t have enough faith.
What does God say about lazy?
“Diligent hands will rule, but laziness will lead to forced labor.” “A sluggard’s appetite is never satisfied, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.” “All hard work brings profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.”