How can I know if I am hearing God, hearing Satan, or hearing my own thoughts?
There are many decisions in life that do not have absolute, specific-by-name how-to directions, and it can be difficult to tell the difference between our own ideas and God’s leading. Are we hearing God or are we hearing Satan’s temptations disguised as the Holy Spirit’s leading?
What if our desires are coming from the enemy of our souls, not from God? How do we know where our thoughts are coming from? Most often, God communicates through the Bible, His inspired Word, which has been preserved for us through the centuries, but God can also guide us through circumstances and promptings of the Spirit.
How do you know if God is hearing your prayers?
God Is Answering Your Prayers in 4 Ways
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word.
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Others.
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
What does it mean when you pray and God is silent?
Trust God’s presence when you hear God’s silence and feel his absence; however, the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace, forgiveness, and presence to you. God is with us and active even when God is silent.
How can you make sure you hear God during your prayer time?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.” 2. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners.”
Does God really hear my prayers?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.
Why does God not hear my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
What do u do when God is silent?
Whatever you’re going through, bring it to the Lord. Speak to him, be honest with him. Trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there’s a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
When God is silent he is working?
When God is silent, He is watching and working When God is silent, He is watching and working | Faith. God knew the world needed a Savior, so He sacrificed Jesus to save mankind, despite the fact that it was a difficult and dark day.
Does God speak to us?
God has communicated with humanity throughout history by speaking audibly to humans, by speaking to us through the glory of His creation, by speaking to us through His Holy Spirit, and by speaking to us through dreams, visions, and our thoughts.
How do you hear from God?
How to Hear from God: 6 Tips
- Find a regular place of service to God. In v.
- Listen for God’s voice.
- When God calls, eagerly respond.
- When God speaks, obey Him.
How do you hear God’s voice when making a decision?
Prayer Points for Hearing God’s Voice
- Come into my life, Lord Jesus.
- Father, give me the grace to hear you and heed your voice.
- Lord, remove every impediment to hearing from you.
- Holy Spirit, I pray that you come into my life and fill me with your spirit.
- Father, let me hear you and heed your instructions.
Does God speak to sinners?
Others confess their sins at their bedside after reading the Bible; God speaks to the sinner’s heart no matter where they are; however, there is only “One Way” to salvation, which is through the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
Can God Heal?
u201cThere are documented cases of God healing AIDS. God can cause limbs to grow back where they’ve been chopped off,u201d Landon said during an interview at a 2016 motorcycle rally in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Can unforgiveness block your prayers?
The Bible says that several things can hinder your prayers, so what are these prayer blockers? The first is unforgiveness, which occurs when you harbor resentment, offense, bitterness, or anger toward another person.