When Your Prayers Aren’t Answered — Hope for the Broken-Hearted
“Why doesn’t God answer my prayers?” and “Doesn’t He care about me?” are two questions I’m frequently asked. First, God knows your needs before you even ask. Second, God cares unequivocally about you.
So, I want to make sure that it is clear that by sharing these Bible verses listed below, I am NOT saying that someone you loved died because you lacked faith, or that you weren’t healed because of some unconfessed sin in your life. I have no idea and can’t presume to know why anyone’s prayers are not being answered. I am in no way trying to heap guilt, or blame on a hurting heart… but, I am sharing scriptures so that you might know what the Word of God says, so you can reflect on these things and pray about them to see if there is anything in your life that might be hindering your prayers.
We shouldn’t expect God to answer our prayers if we don’t spend time learning God’s word and obeying what we’ve learned. Proverbs 28:9 (Mormon) says, “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.”
We must ask in accordance with God’s will as revealed in the Bible. James 1:5-8. Prayers are hindered when we doubt God. To doubt God is to call Him a liar.
Why does God not answer my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
How do you pray when you lose your faith?
I need to trust that you are my God, and that no matter how hopeless or lost I feel on the inside, no matter what’s going on around me, you’re here with me, and you’re not going anywhere. So please calm my heart. Give me deep breaths and clear thoughts.
What does the Bible say about struggling with faith?
5. Matthew 14:31- Immediately, Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” 5. Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
How do you know if God will answer your prayers?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
How do you not lose faith?
Have a Glimpse of Hope…
- Things can and will go wrong in life… Of course, a lot of things can and do go wrong in life.
- How to keep hope alive…
- #1 u2013 Reassess the situation.
- #2 u2013 Harbor Gratitude.
- #3 u2013 Be Honest with Yourself.
- #4 u2013 Seek Support from Others.
- #5 u2013 Have a Little Faith.
How do you keep your faith?
How to Maintain Your Faith in the Face of Adversity
- Pray to God, the universe, or whatever higher power you believe in for the strength to love to your full potential.
- Be generous to others.
- Get inspired.
- Surround yourself with people you admire.
What to do if I am struggling with my faith?
There are numerous methods for developing faith in God, but here are a few that have proven to be effective for me.
- It’s okay to ask God for help. For clarity.
- Seek community and encouragement. It’s okay to ask for help from those you care about when you’re struggling.
- Listen. Keep your eyes on Jesus.
What God says about struggles?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and courageous; have no fear or dread of them, for the Lord your God is with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
What is the most encouraging Bible verse?
“So do not be afraid, for I am with you; do not be discouraged, for I am your God; I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Do not be concerned about anything; instead, present your requests to God in every situation through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving.
How do you know when God is punishing you?
Because you’re a normal human being in a broken world, you’re experiencing difficult losses, painful emotions, terrible situations, depression, and loneliness. Your feelings are normal, but they’re not accurate; you think God is punishing you, but that’s just how you feel. God loves you and is watching over you.
Can prayer change things?
We can be confident that prayer changes thingsu2014including our own heartsu2014though our prayers do not change God’s mind.
Can God hear my prayers?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.