Book Summary – The Greatest Salesman in the World
“The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino lays out timeless salesmanship principles. Hafid was a camel boy working for Pathros, a successful trader in Jerusalem. Real wealth lies in the heart, in happiness, love, and peace (not in material riches). Pathros gave Hafid a chest of ten scrolls and made him promise to three conditions.
SCROLL I: “I will form good habits and become their slave”
You’ll learn how to replace mediocrity and bad habits with good ones by reading the scrolls daily: (i) Read the words in silence when you wake up in the morning and after lunch, then aloud just before bed.
What does scroll 3 of greatest salesman say?
The philosophy of the book
- I Will Form Good Habits and Become Their Slave.
- Scroll II – Greet Each Day With Love In Your Heart.
- Scroll III – I Will Persist Until I Succeed.
- Scroll IV – I Am Nature’s Greatest Miracle.
- Scroll V – Live Each Day as if It Were Your Last.
- Scroll VI – Master Your Emotions.
What is the purpose of the 10 scrolls?
Other Details in “The Greatest Salesman in the World” According to Mandino, each of the 10 scrolls is specially worded to help the reader grasp the meaning behind the timeless principles; the key to success is to read each scroll three times a day for 30 days.
When reading each scroll for thirty days in the prescribed manner before you proceed to the next scroll you should do what?
u201cI will read each scroll in this prescribed manner for thirty days before moving on to the next scroll.u201d u201cRead the words in silence when you wake up, then after lunch, and finally before bed. u201d u201cMost importantly, read the words out loud.u201d
How many scrolls are contained in Og Mandino’s philosophy?
After Pathros has tested Hafid, he is given a chest containing ten scrolls containing the keys to becoming a successful salesman.
Who is the richest salesman in the world?
Seriously, these are the Top 5 Greatest Salespeople of All Time!
- Pretend that everyone you meet is wearing a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make Me Feel Important.’ Not only will you succeed in business, but you will succeed in life.u201d – Mary Kay Ash.
- David Ogilvy.
- Ron Popeil.
- Napoleon Barragan.
Who is the greatest salesman of all time?
Between 1963 and 1978, Joseph Samuel Girard held the Guinness World Record for being the world’s greatest salesman, selling 13,001 cars at the Chevrolet dealership.
How long does it take to read the greatest salesman in the world?
At 250 WPM (words per minute), the average reader will spend 1 hour and 29 minutes reading this book.
Is the greatest miracle in the world a true story?
The Greatest Miracle in the World is a self-help book based on Og Mandino’s true experiences when he met a ragpicker who changed his life while attempting to enter the parking lot near his office building on a snowy morning.
How do you overcome a secret habit?
Mentally preparing yourself to break your habit
- Find an accountability partner.
- Visualize your success.
- Remove triggers.
- Train yourself to focus on the negative aspects of your bad habit.
- Focus on one habit at a time to reduce the risk of failure.
How can I be the best salesman in the world?
What Does It Take to Be a Successful Salesperson?
- Use a measurable, repeatable sales process.
- Know your product.
- Review your pipeline objectively.
- Find shortcuts and hacks.
- Practice active listening.
- Work hard.
- Follow up.
Who is the author of The Greatest Salesman in the World?
About the Author: Og Mandino is an American author best known for the bestselling two-part series The Greatest Salesman in the World, which has sold over 50 million copies worldwide and been translated into twenty-five languages.
How many pages is the greatest salesman in the world?