When You Feel Like God is Not Listening
Even the staunchest believer is forced to ask God, “Where are you in all this mess we find ourselves in?” David describes those who oppress him as arrogant, wicked, boastful, and greedy.
He promises to be our refuge and strength.
David, like a lion preying on the weak, helpless, and poor, questions the wicked in Psalm 10, and he directs his questions to God. In the book’s final verses, David issues a call to action. Are you facing the impossible? Or perhaps struggling with anxiety about something that feels impossible? God is not hiding from you. God does hear your prayers. God loves you.
Why is God not listening to my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.” 2. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners.”
What does it mean when you pray and God is silent?
Trust God’s presence when you hear God’s silence and feel his absence; however, the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace, forgiveness, and presence to you. God is with us and active even when God is silent.
Is God listening to me when I pray?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Does God speak to sinners?
Others confess their sins at their bedside after reading the Bible; God speaks to the sinner’s heart no matter where they are; however, there is only “One Way” to salvation, which is through the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
What stops prayers from being answered?
What stands in the way of my prayers being answered?
- Taking God for granted: No one wants to be taken for granted.
- Lacking Faith, Boldness, and Expectancy: God wants us to rely on Him and come to Him knowing that He wants to help us.
Can unforgiveness block your prayers?
The Bible says that several things can hinder your prayers, so what are these prayer blockers? The first is unforgiveness, which occurs when you harbor resentment, offense, bitterness, or anger toward another person.
What are signs that God is talking to you?
Is it possible that you’re ignoring signs that God is speaking to you?
- God’s Audible Voice.
- Wise Counsel.
- Visions and Dreams.
- Your Inner Knowing.
- Blocked Paths.
- Do you do your devotions or Bible study every day but consciously choose to live in direct opposition to His word?
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
Why is prayer silent?
Silent prayer, or even a moment of silence at a public solemn event, is practiced in many cultures by people of various religions and those who have no religious affiliations, and the divine power of Spirit that can be felt during silent prayer helps us feel our Father in heaven’s healing and protecting presence.
How do you know God has answered your prayers?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.