What to Do When You Hit Rock Bottom
When things seem hopeless, God always provides a lifeline and a way out. Whether you’re dealing with a mental health disorder or an addiction, these simple, yet practical tips will help you learn to trust God’s grace and guidance again.
Hit your knees and turn to God
The Lord offers refuge and a safe place to rest from the burdens of this life, and trust that He will bring you comfort and lavish His amazing grace upon you, according to God’s Word.
Seek wise counsel
Don’t be afraid to talk to a pastor or Christian counselor; just make sure they’re grounded in God’s truth and can give you sound advice. Having someone to listen to how you’re feeling can often be enough to lift a huge weight off your shoulders. Life’s storms are too big to bear alone.
Get Professional Help
If you’re struggling with addiction, Christian detox and rehab clinics are a great place to start because reconnecting with God in a new way is a powerful tool for overcoming temptation. Finding a Christian counselor can also help you heal spiritually and point you to Jesus throughout your treatment.
Change Your Perspective
The first step to renewing your mind in God is to pray about how you view life and ask God to guide you. Look to the Scriptures for truth and focus on Christ rather than your problems; remember, nothing is too big for our great God to handle!
What do you do when you hit the rock bottom?
When You’ve Hit Rock Bottom, Here Are 10 Things To Remember
- Allow yourself to feel.
- Take time to reflect.
- Have faith.
- Be compassionate to yourself.
- Participate in a creative outlet.
- Spend time in nature.
- Listen to music.
- Try new things.
How do you connect with God on a deeper level?
13 Ways to Develop a More Intimate Relationship with God
- Forgive others who have wronged you.
- Stay away from tension!
- Saturate yourself with His presence.
How do you release problems to God?
Ask Him to bring comfort and compassion to you and your family; to help you communicate with them and tell them that you love them, even if they don’t understand you; to turn your problems into solutions; and to show you how to understand and love yourself as He does.
How do you pray to God properly?
Learn to Pray in Four Simple Steps
- Step 1: Address Heavenly Father.
- Step 2: Thank Heavenly Father.
- Step 3: Ask Heavenly Father.
- Step 4: Close in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Praying in a Group.
- Pray Always, With Sincerity, and Faith in Christ.
How do you know when you hit rock bottom?
Signs You’ve Hit Rock Bottom
- Dropping out or being kicked out of school.
- Serious injury or hospitalization from drug or alcohol use.
- Serious financial problems.
- Trouble with the law.
When you hit rock bottom you have nowhere to go but up?
u201cWhen you hit rock bottom, you have nowhere to go but up,u201d says Pattie Mallette.
How do I deepen my faith in God?
Contents Table of Contents
- Develop deep convictions. Uncover deep emotions. Cultivate deep relationships. Experience deep love. Deepen your understanding.
How do I become more closer to God?
RIGHT NOW, 12 WAYS TO GET CLOSER TO GOD
- Go for a walk and talk with God.
- Meditate on Scripture.
- Put on some worship music and immerse yourself in the melody and lyrics.
- Be amazed at the world God has created.
How can I strengthen my relationship with God?
Every day, here are five ways to strengthen your relationship with God.
- Bible Reading.
- Serving Others.
- Prayer. Our human relationships grow and develop through communicationu2014and our relationship with God is no different.
How do I talk to God and hear him?
What Is The Best Way To Hear God’s Voice?
- Humble yourself and get down on your knees.
- Pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
What does it mean when God has his hand on you?
This book explains what it means to have God’s hand on you and what it means to serve His people. You have been touched by God to serve His people, and someone is waiting for you to walk in your purpose; there are people on the other side of your obedience.
How do you pray and let go?
Lord, in Your mercy and kindness, I kneel before You in humble submission and pray that You would help me to simply let go of all the fears and worries, problems and doubts, guilt and disappointments that seem to fill my heart and mind so often during the course of a day.
What is the best prayer to God?
Loved God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, strengthen the hands of my healers, and bless the methods used to cure me; give me such faith in the power of your grace that I may put my complete trust in you even when I am afraid; through our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.
Is there a wrong way to pray?
There is no wrong way to pray; people need assurance that what they are doing is correct. Just as children each have their own way of communicating with their parents, we have our own way of communicating with God.
What are the 4 types of prayer?
u201cPrayer is the raising of the mind and heart to God or the requesting of good things from God,u201d writes John Damascene. This definition encompasses the four main types of prayer: adoration, contrition, thanksgiving, and supplication.