Condolence Loss Sympathy Prayers
Never turn your heart to stone, You do not walk alone – M.S. Lowndes. We pray that during this difficult time, you will feel God’s love more deeply and find comfort in His presence.
Prayers of Our Heart
May their memories become joyful, their days enriched with friendship, and their lives encircled by your love, eternal God, so that they may face each new day with hope and the assurance that nothing can destroy what has been given; may their memories become joyful, their days enriched with friendship, and their lives encircled by your love.
Zenju’s prayer for those who have lost loved ones is that the sweet light of change shines in the darkness, that the first breath of each morning begins life again, that memories unfold as prayers for life, and that love continues to fill the silence.
Only For a Short While
Oh, you’ve only lent us to each other for a short time, because we take shape in your act of drawing us, and we take life in your act of painting us; but even an obsidian drawing fades, and the green feathers of the Quetzal bird lose their color.
They will live as long as we do, because they are no longer with us; as we remember them.
For Those Who Mourn
May their memories become joyful, their days enriched with friendship, and their lives encircled by your love, eternal God, so that they may face each new day with hope – Vienna Cobb Anderson; may their memories become joyful, their days enriched with friendship, and their lives encircled by your love.
Jewish Blessing of the Mourners
May the master of comfort console you. Those who are worn out and crushed by this grief, consider this: this is the path that has existed since the beginning of time; many have drunk from it, and many will continue to drink; as the first meal was, so will the last.
Overcoming Life’s Hardships
The Center for Mission and Identity at Xavier University developed Jesuitresource.org with support from the Conway Institute for Jesuit Education. For more information, go to http://www.jrcn.org/education/resources/journey-into-the-heart-of-God/.
How do you pray for someone who lost a loved one?
Please keep and carry these precious people in their grief and loss; cover them with your great wings of love, give their weary hearts rest and their minds sound sleep; Lord, lift their eyes to catch a glimpse of eternity, and comfort them with the promise of heaven.
What do you pray when someone dies?
Grant them eternal rest, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them; may their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace through God’s mercy. Amen. You have produced the harvest of eternal life for us, like the seed buried in the ground; make us always dead to sin and alive to God.
What do you say to God when someone dies?
Inspiration for Christian Condolences from the Bible
- Please accept our heartfelt condolences for your loss.
- I’m heartbroken to hear about your loss.
- My heart goes out to you during this difficult time.
- Praying that God’s love surrounds you and comforts you as you go through this difficult time.
What is the best condolence message Bible?
Psalms 30:2 – I cried out to you, Lord, for help, and you answered me. Psalms 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalms 62:1 – My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. Psalms 147:3 – He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
How do you comfort someone who lost a loved one over text?
Mourning Texts Examples
- I just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you, praying for you, and grieving with you.
- I’m here if you ever need to talk.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
- Can I bring you anything?
What is a good sympathy message?
u201cWords fail to express my deep sorrow for your loss.u201d u201cMy heart goes out to you and your family.u201d u201cPlease know that I am with you, and I’m only a phone call away.u201d
What is the last prayer before death?
The last rites, also known as the Commendation of the Dying in Christianity, are the final prayers and blessings given to a member of the faith, as soon as possible before death, to those who are awaiting execution, mortally injured, or terminally ill.
What is the best prayer for the dead?
Grant them eternal rest, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them; may the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace through God’s mercy. Amen.
Why is 40 days after death?
The soul completes many obstacles known as the aerial toll houses, passes through the aerial realm, which is home to evil spirits, and finds its place in the afterlife at the end of the 40 days, according to Eastern Orthodox religions.
What can I say instead of rest in peace?
‘Rest in Peace’ has ten alternative phrases or sayings.
- U201cThey will be missed.u201d
- U201cRest in Power.u201d
- U201cHe who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.u201d u2014 Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Writer.
How do you write a short condolence message?
Messages of Condolence in a Few Words
- Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.
- Heartfelt thoughts go out to you in this time of sorrow.
- I will be thinking of you in this time of pain.
- I am thinking of you and sending love.
What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
Here are some alternatives to saying “sorry for your loss” to a partner:
- “I’ll always be here for you.”
- “I know you’re in pain.”
- “I’m sorry I can’t take away your pain.”
- “Let me run this errand for you.”
- “I love you.”
What are some comforting words?
Comforting Words for Someone Who Is Bereaved
- I’m sorry.
- I care about you.
- He/she will be greatly missed.
- He/she is in my thoughts and prayers.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- You are important to me.
What does Psalm 31 say?
I have taken refuge in you, O LORD; do not put me to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, lead and guide me for the sake of your name.
What is the best condolence message to a friend?
Sympathy Sayings and Short Sympathy Quotes
- U201cWe are so sorry for your loss.u201d
- U201cWe are thinking of you during these difficult times.u201d
- U201cOur thoughts and prayers are with you.u201d
- U201cI wish you healing and peace.u201d
- U201cI hope you feel surrounded by much love.u201d