If We Ask “According to His Will” It Will Happen, But What is “His Will”?
Some people struggle with the idea of praying according to God’s will, but he claims that when we pray about God’s will, we can simply ask and expect positive answers. What does “His will” mean in 1 John 5:14-15?
God’s sovereign will, his moral will, and his permissive will are three categories of God’s will that can play a role in what it means to pray according to God’s will. Jesus mentions both categories in his discussion of divorce in Matthew 19. Divorce is against God’s moral will (category #1), but God permitted divorce in certain circumstances, such as in cases involving sexual immorality.
Why does God not answer my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
Is God obligated to answer our prayers?
The truth is that God is under no obligation to respond to any man’s prayer; however, because believers don’t always know how to pray, the Holy Spirit prays u201cfor the saints according to God’s willu201d (Romans 8:26-27).
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.” 2. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners.”
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
What ways does God speak to us?
5 Ways God Communicates With Us
- Psalm 119:105 u2013 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
- God speaks to us through Prayer:
- God speaks to us through His Spirit:
- God speaks to us through Trusted Advisors:
- God speaks to us through Past Experiences:
How do we know God will answer our prayers?
u201c7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.u201d (Matthew 7:11) This teaching of Jesus does not promise that God will give us what we want, but that He will give us what is good.
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.
What is a good prayer for healing?
Loved God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, strengthen the hands of my healers, and bless the methods used to cure me; give me such faith in the power of your grace that I may put my complete trust in you even when I am afraid; through our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.
Does God hear the prayers of everyone?
I’ve come to the conclusion that God hears all who pray, but that we must live the commandments and seek him in order to receive his answers. Prayer is a form of communication between God and man, and our questions to the Lord in prayer for knowledge and wisdom should be faithful questions.
Can unforgiveness block your prayers?
The Bible says that several things can hinder your prayers, so what are these prayer blockers? The first is unforgiveness, which occurs when you harbor resentment, offense, bitterness, or anger toward another person.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What to do when you pray for healing and it doesn’t happen?
When healing doesn’t happen, here are four ways I’ve found to respond to that invitation:
- Trust in God’s great love. God says to his people, “I have loved you with an everlasting love.”
- Look through the lens of eternity.
- Lean into suffering.
- Turn your eyes outward.
When what God does doesn’t make sense?
When God Doesn’t Make Sense is a hugely practical book for those who are struggling with trials and heartaches they don’t understand: why does disease, natural disaster, divorce, rejection, death, or some other sorrow creep into our lives when we are trying to serve the Lord?