Does God answer prayers?
Why does it seem that when we pray to God, He sometimes ignores us? Many people have prayed for God to solve a problem, but God’s response is sometimes silence. What is the serenity prayer?
God knows what’s best
Even when we don’t see God responding to our prayers, we can rest assured that He is a God of love, as the Bible tells us: John 3:16. ‘For God so LOVED the world…… Jeremiah 31:3, I have loved thee with an everlasting love.
“I will pour water upon him who is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground,” says Isaiah 44:3. God’s blessing cannot be received unless the heart is open to the Spirit’s influence; one cannot pour water into a cup that is already full.
God will not hear our prayers if we hold on to cherished sins or refuse to forgive others who have wronged us. This is not to say that you can earn God’s favor to answer your prayers; it will always be Jesus’ blood that makes us worthy.
Pray without ceasing
In Philippians 4:6, Paul writes, “Let your requests be made known to God in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving,” and in Luke 18:1, Jesus “spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.”
His time, His will
Because we are sinners who do not always ask what is best for us, we should not expect every answer to be “yes.” God’s timetable is not the same as ours, and He knows better than we do when the best time is for our prayers to be answered.
We don’t have to worry about whether the answer is “wait,” “no,” or “yes” if we have faith and sincerely trust God; all we have to do is trust and see if God, in His time, will respond as we have requested.
Why is God not answering my prayers?
– If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and don’t correct it, you’re’regarding iniquity in your heart,’ and should therefore disregard God answering your prayers.
How can I make God listen to my prayers?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
Does God hear all prayers?
I’ve come to the conclusion that God hears all who pray, but that we must live the commandments and seek him in order to receive his answers. Prayer is a form of communication between God and man, and our questions to the Lord in prayer for knowledge and wisdom should be faithful questions.
How can I talk to God and hear him?
What Is The Best Way To Hear God’s Voice?
- Humble yourself and get down on your knees.
- Pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
How can I hear God’s voice?
As we consider Samuel’s story, there are six steps that can help to remove some of the mystery surrounding hearing God’s voice:
- Position yourself near God.
- Find a regular place of service to God.
- Listen for God’s voice.
- When God calls, eagerly respond.
- When God speaks, obey Him.
- Read and study God’s Word.
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.
How does God speak to us?
God has communicated with humanity throughout history by speaking audibly to humans, by speaking to us through the glory of His creation, by speaking to us through His Holy Spirit, and by speaking to us through dreams, visions, and our thoughts.
Do prayers really work?
Prayer can also help people focus on the well-being of others, but there is no empirical evidence that mental messaging to an invisible deity works when it comes to asking for something from a divine source and then receiving it.
Can God be silent?
When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. God is with us and active even when God is silent. Matthew 1:23 says, “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
Why is prayer silent?
Silent prayer, or even a moment of silence at a public solemn event, is practiced in many cultures by people of various religions and those who have no religious affiliations, and the divine power of Spirit that can be felt during silent prayer helps us feel our Father in heaven’s healing and protecting presence.
How can I be silent and listen to God?
1) Find a quiet place and sit in silence with God for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. Use this time for listening prayer, resisting the urge to fill the space with words.