When Your Prayers Aren’t Answered — Hope for the Broken-Hearted
“Why doesn’t God answer my prayers?” and “Doesn’t He care about me?” are two questions I’m frequently asked. First, God knows your needs before you even ask. Second, God cares unequivocally about you.
So, I want to make sure that it is clear that by sharing these Bible verses listed below, I am NOT saying that someone you loved died because you lacked faith, or that you weren’t healed because of some unconfessed sin in your life. I have no idea and can’t presume to know why anyone’s prayers are not being answered. I am in no way trying to heap guilt, or blame on a hurting heart… but, I am sharing scriptures so that you might know what the Word of God says, so you can reflect on these things and pray about them to see if there is anything in your life that might be hindering your prayers.
We shouldn’t expect God to answer our prayers if we don’t spend time learning God’s word and obeying what we’ve learned. Proverbs 28:9 (Mormon) says, “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.”
We must ask in accordance with God’s will as revealed in the Bible. James 1:5-8. Prayers are hindered when we doubt God. To doubt God is to call Him a liar.
Why is God not answering my prayers?
– If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and don’t correct it, you’re’regarding iniquity in your heart,’ and should therefore disregard God answering your prayers.
Why do prayers go unanswered?
The prayers offered are not only genuine, but they also represent a fervently genuine passion. Passively dismissing an unanswered prayer without compassion and love can destroy a person’s heart and faith. People are told that their prayers are unanswered because they lack faith or that they did not pray correctly.
How do I get a clear answer from God?
What Can I Do to Receive God’s Answers?
- Practice Serious Reflection.
- Write It Down.
- Ask: Is There More?
- Invite Revelation.
- Move Forward in Faith. I sometimes assume that God will simply give me revelation because it’s obvious that I need His help and guidance in my life.
What does it mean when you pray and God is silent?
Trust God’s presence when you hear God’s silence and feel his absence; however, the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace, forgiveness, and presence to you. God is with us and active even when God is silent.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Is it God’s fault for our unanswered prayers?
Many modern teachings imply that unanswered prayers are never the fault of the believer; in fact, many people have come to believe that God hears every prayer (a topic you can learn more about here), and that He will answer the prayers of anyone who simply believes.
How do you ask God for something?
End your prayer by saying, “I pray this in Jesus’ name.” The Bible teaches that the name of Jesus Christ is powerful, so say it every time you pray, but especially when you’re asking for something. This acknowledges that God works through Jesus and that Jesus is powerful.
When God answer our prayers?
8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.u201d ( Matthew 7:7-8) I also believe that when our heavenly Father responds to our prayers, He always responds with what is best for us.
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
What are signs that God is talking to you?
Is it possible that you’re ignoring signs that God is speaking to you?
- God’s Audible Voice.
- Wise Counsel.
- Do you do your devotions or Bible study every day but consciously choose to live in direct opposition to His word?