10 POWERFUL PRAYERS FOR YOUR MARRIAGE
When I pray for my marriage, I gain clarity and peace, and my faith in God is strengthened. Our marriages are under attack from an enemy who wants to steal, kill, and destroy them. The most powerful weapon you have is prayer.
1. Father, thank you for the spouse you have blessed me with.
“Be thankful in all circumstances, because this is God’s will for those who belong to Christ Jesus,” James 1:17 says.
2. Father, help me to be forgiving and tolerant towards my husband/wife.
As Christ taught us in Colossians 3:13, NLT, forgive each other and make allowances for each other’s flaws. “Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others,” says the author of the New King James Version of the Bible.
3. Father, teach me to love my spouse unconditionally.
Love is patient and kind; it is not envious, boastful, proud, or rude; it does not demand its own way, and it does not keep track of wrongdoings; it never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures in all circumstances.
4. Father, may my spouse fulfill your plan for his/her life.
Jeremiah 1:5, NLT: I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb, and I chose you to be my prophet to the nations before you were born.
5. May my spouse and I seek you first before any other thing.
Joshua 24:15: “But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24-15). Matthew 6:33: “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”
6. Teach us to depend on your power through every difficult moment we face together.
“I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for those of us who believe him,” says Philippians 4:8 (Ephesians 1:19, NLT).
7. Lord help me bridle my tongue and not say hurtful things to my spouse.
“Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt,” Philippians 4:4-5 says, “so that you may know how to answer each person.” (Colossians 4:6, ESV).
8. Lord help, my spouse and I to not yield to any temptation that may come our way.
Paul: The temptations you face are similar to those others face, and God is faithful; he will not allow you to be tempted beyond your ability to bear; when you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
9. Lord, separate my spouse and me from every evil company.
“Bad company ruins good morals,” says 1 Corinthians 15:33 in the ESV. Don’t be fooled: bad company harms good morals.
10. May your peace reign in our home.
As you live in Christ Jesus, God’s peace will guard your hearts and minds, Philippians 4:7 NLT. Do you have any other marriage prayers to share?
How do I pray to God to save my marriage?
In the name of Jesus, Amen, I pray that Your will be done in our lives and marriage. May the Lord bless you. Please fill out our information form with your first names, and we will pray for you, your spouse, and your marriage to be healed and restored.
How do I ask God to restore my marriage?
Hold your marriage up to God in prayer, asking the Father to heal your marriage, bring reconciliation, and restore your love. Pray, and never stop praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
Will God help me save my marriage?
MYTH: If you pray long enough, God will heal your marriage. TRUTH: God does not promise to heal all marriages in response to our prayers. Sometimes, he responds to our prayers by assisting us in leaving a marriage when it becomes dangerous.
How do you pray for a failing marriage?
I pray that God will rebuild and renew their marriage, that You will bring clarity to their minds, that You will console and hold up their broken and weak hearts, and that each spouse will be honest with themselves.
How do you save a dying marriage?
How to Save Your Relationship
- Take a look at yourself.
- Talk less and listen more.
- Check your tone.
- Show kindnessu2014even if you don’t feel like it.
- Seek neutral feedback.
How do you reset your marriage?
There are ten ways to re-energize your marriage.
- Give your partner grace.
- Don’t assume you know what’s going on with your partner.
- Take time to affirm with your partner.
- Get to know your partner on a deeper level.
- Make a list of your disagreements.
What are the signs of a dead marriage?
10 Signs That Your Relationship Is Doomed
- You’re lonely in your relationship.
- You’re concerned about your finances.
- Sex isn’t even on your mind.
- You don’t want to spend time with your partner.
- You refuse to seek help.
- You’re overcompensating on social media.
Can a broken marriage be restored?
Can a broken marriage be repaired? A broken marriage can be repaired if both partners are committed to repairing it. A healthy relationship entails two people working together on their problems, rather than one person doing all of the heavy emotional lifting.
What does the Bible say about a troubled marriage?
Constant Conflict u2013 (Ephesians 5:33) u201cDon’t give up if your marriage is filled with conflict.u201d This scripture instructs a husband to love his wife as he loves himself and that his wife must respect him.
What are God’s promises for marriage?
Using God’s Mighty Promises to Strengthen Your Marriage
- U201cDo not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- U201cAnd my God will supply all of your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.u201d
How do I restore love in my marriage?
Here are ten suggestions for rekindling your marriage’s passion:
- Change your initiation pattern.
- Hold hands more often.
- Allow tension to build.
- Separate sexual intimacy from routine.
- Carve out time to spend with your partner.
- Focus on affectionate touch.
Can I save my marriage alone?
Yes, even if your spouse is completely unplugged and uninterested in saving your marriage, one person can change a marriage on their own. Take a few moments to appreciate how good it feels to know that you can be the brave agent of change that saves your marriage.
When should you let go of marriage?
Even if there is no anger, one or both partners may begin to lose respect for the relationship and a spouse, which could indicate the end.
What should I pray for my marriage?
10 Prayers for a Happy Marriage
- Pray for one another.
- Pray for this day (today).
- Pray to be the presence of Christ in your marriage.
- Pray that your marriage will be a positive influence on others.
- Pray for your partner’s dreams.
- Pray for your children.
How do I pray for my husband to change?
Prayer Can Help You Change Your Husband
- Pray for His Job.
- Pray for Help in Trials.
- Pray He Will Be a Godly Husband.
- Pray for His Safety and Protection. Lord, I thank you right now for my husband, _____.
- Pray for Direction. Help my husband, ______, to lead me (and our family) in a direction that would be pleasing to You.