When You Can’t Feel God
Many of the greatest saints have walked through valleys with no sense of God’s presence, almost going deaf from the heavenly silence. C. S. Lewis wrote that during one of the most painful times of his life, he cried out to God and got a door slammed in [his] face.
An Ancient, Recurring Story
“If the Lord is truly with usu2026 where are all His wonderful deeds?” said Gideon to an angelic messenger just before God used him to destroy an entire Midianite army.
David went from being anointed to “man after God’s own heart” to “field hand shoveling sheep dung.” In between sheep-care and crackers-and-cheese runs for his brothers, David encountered Goliath. White spaces are typically the most difficult parts of life to endure. After Mary became pregnant with the Messiah, God waited several months to tell her fiancu00e9 Joseph.
Have you ever felt distant from God, no matter how much you pray or seek His presence? Are there times when you simply don’t feel God’s presence? Meditate on God’s promises, which are infinitely stronger than feelings and emotions. We have a relationship with a loving and faithful God!
Is it wrong to pray for a sign from God?
Asking God for a sign isn’t necessarily wrong, but it could lead you down a dangerous path with your faith. God has provided you with everything you need to make decisions because he has given you the Bible.
Why does God not answer my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
Is it OK to ask for a sign from God?
God wants His people to rely on Him for deliverance, so asking Him for a sign today means we want to know what He has to say before we act. But God knows our motives, so if we’re asking for a sign for ourselves u2013 a selfish and pointless desire to know u2013 you won’t get one.
How do I receive a sign from God?
God’s four most common signs
- God frequently uses nature to communicate with his people.
- Sends someone else. Another common sign that God sends is through a messenger.
- Dreams. We must be very careful with this one.
- Word of God. Most importantly, God provides signs through His word.
Will God reveal himself to me if I ask?
If you truly want to know, ask Him. He won’t respond by sending a helicopter, but He will respond. God will reveal Himself to a heart that seeks Him sincerely.
How do you know when God is punishing you?
Because you’re a normal human being in a broken world, you’re experiencing difficult losses, painful emotions, terrible situations, depression, and loneliness. Your feelings are normal, but they’re not accurate; you think God is punishing you, but that’s just how you feel. God loves you and is watching over you.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How do you ask the universe for a sign?
In five easy steps, learn how to receive signs from the universe.
- Specify when you’d like to receive the sign.
- Be patient.
- Tune in to how you feel when you receive the sign.
How do you know when a relationship is not from God?
Here are seven signs that God wants you to end your relationship:
- The relationship goes against God’s word.
- The person encourages you to disobey God.
- When you’re with them, you have no control.
- You’re being treated badly.
- The person is more important to you than God.
What does the Bible say about asking God for something?
7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you: 8 For everyone who asks receives; and everyone who seeks will find; and everyone who knocks will be opened.
How do you know if you see an angel?
Unusual light effects, such as flashes, unexplained shimmers, sparkles in the corner of your eye, or shafts of light streaming around you, are frequently thought to be signs of the presence of an Angel.
Does God show you your soulmate?
According to the Bible, there is no such thing as a “soulmate.” While there can be a soul tie or bond formed when a person is intimate with another person, the Bible does not mention a predestined relationship between two people.
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.