Holy Scriptures: The Power of God unto Our Salvation
The Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price are examples of sacred records that bear testimony of the Savior and lead us to Him. The Book of Mormon is one of the most important books in the world. It contains “the fulness of the everlasting gospel,u2026 outlines the plan of salvation.”
President Thomas S. Monson writes, “The brass plates were a record of Lehi’s fathers, including their language, genealogy, and the gospel taught by God’s holy prophets.” Several chapters of the Book of Mormon are devoted to Lehi and Nephi applying this lesson. When the Jaredites were righteous, they were blessed; however, they rejected the word of the Lord and refused to repent, eventually they departed f
The prophet Moroni recorded in the Book of Mormon that it was “written and sealed up, and hid up unto the Lord, that they might not be destroyed.” This world needs the scriptures today. If you haven’t heard God’s voice recently, return to the scriptures with fresh eyes and ears. The answer to the terror, destruction, and even genocide of these last days is found in the scriptures.
What is the right way to pray to God?
Humble yourself before God by dressing simply (if possible), not flaunting your prayer to those nearby, and praying on your knees with your head bowed (if possible). Read from the Bible. You might want to start by reading a passage from the Bible that has special meaning for you.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How can I talk to God and hear him?
What Is The Best Way To Hear God’s Voice?
- Humble yourself and get down on your knees.
- Pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
How do I start praying?
Learn to Pray in Four Simple Steps
- Step 1: Address Heavenly Father.
- Step 2: Thank Heavenly Father.
- Step 3: Ask Heavenly Father.
- Step 4: Close in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Praying in a Group.
- Pray Always, With Sincerity, and Faith in Christ.
How can I get closer to God?
Have you ever wondered how to become more spiritually connected to God?
- 2.1 Read your Bible. 2.2 Pray. 2.3 Fellowship with other Christians. 2.4 Be humble. 2.6 Confess your sins and repent from bad habits. 2.7 Love others. 2.8 Express gratitude.
What are the 4 types of prayer?
u201cPrayer is the raising of the mind and heart to God or the requesting of good things from God,u201d writes John Damascene. This definition encompasses the four main types of prayer: adoration, contrition, thanksgiving, and supplication.
What are the 5 basic prayer?
Adoration, contrition, thanksgiving, and supplication, abbreviated as A.C.T.S., are the four basic forms of prayer. The Liturgy of the Hours, the seven canonical hours of the Catholic Church prayed at set prayer times, is recited daily by clergy, religious, and devout believers.
How can God speak to us?
God has communicated with humanity throughout history by speaking audibly to humans, by speaking to us through the glory of His creation, by speaking to us through His Holy Spirit, and by speaking to us through dreams, visions, and our thoughts.
Why is 777 a holy number?
The number 777, as triple 7, can be contrasted against triple 6, for the Number of the Beast as 666 (rather than variant 616), according to the Orthodox Study Bible, an American publication.
What is God’s voice?
The voice of God is a communication from God to humans, heard by humans as a sound with no obvious physical source in Abrahamic religions.