When You Can’t Feel God
Many of the greatest saints have walked through valleys with no sense of God’s presence, almost going deaf from the heavenly silence. C. S. Lewis wrote that during one of the most painful times of his life, he cried out to God and got a door slammed in [his] face.
An Ancient, Recurring Story
“If the Lord is truly with usu2026 where are all His wonderful deeds?” said Gideon to an angelic messenger just before God used him to destroy an entire Midianite army.
David went from being anointed to “man after God’s own heart” to “field hand shoveling sheep dung.” In between sheep-care and crackers-and-cheese runs for his brothers, David encountered Goliath. White spaces are typically the most difficult parts of life to endure. After Mary became pregnant with the Messiah, God waited several months to tell her fiancu00e9 Joseph.
Have you ever felt distant from God, no matter how much you pray or seek His presence? Are there times when you simply don’t feel God’s presence? Meditate on God’s promises, which are infinitely stronger than feelings and emotions. We have a relationship with a loving and faithful God!
What does the Bible say about not feeling God’s presence?
2 Corinthians 3:4-5 If you don’t want to be there, don’t feel His presence, or don’t feel compelled to read scripture when you sit before the Lord, it’s during these times that you can practice your spiritual discipline by speaking scripture over these apathetic moments.
Why do I feel like I can’t hear God?
Most people are unable to hear God’s voice because they do not believe He is speaking to them; they may believe they lack the ability, they may have false theological barriers to hearing God’s voice, or they may simply believe God would not speak to them because they are unqualified.
What does it mean when you pray and God is silent?
Trust God’s presence when you hear God’s silence and feel his absence; however, the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace, forgiveness, and presence to you. God is with us and active even when God is silent.
What causes God not to answer prayers?
– If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and don’t correct it, you’re’regarding iniquity in your heart,’ and should therefore disregard God answering your prayers.
How do I get closer to God and feel his presence?
Have you ever wondered how to become more spiritually connected to God?
- 2.1 Read your Bible. 2.2 Pray. 2.3 Fellowship with other Christians. 2.4 Be humble. 2.6 Confess your sins and repent from bad habits. 2.7 Love others. 2.8 Express gratitude.
How do I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How can I hear God directly?
What Is The Best Way To Hear God’s Voice?
- Humble yourself and get down on your knees.
- Pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
How do you hear God in silence?
Now that you understand some of the reasons why God may appear to be silent in your life, here are seven ways to begin hearing God’s voice in your life right away.
- Reading God’s Word.
- Advice from Wise People.
- Worship Music.
How do you pray when God is silent?
Whatever you’re going through, bring it to the Lord; speak to him, be honest with him; trust that he hears you; take refuge in his faithfulness; and know that behind every heavy silence is a mighty God who loves you.
When God is silent he is working?
When God is silent, He is watching and working When God is silent, He is watching and working | Faith. God knew the world needed a Savior, so He sacrificed Jesus to save mankind, despite the fact that it was a difficult and dark day.
What is the prayer that never fails?
There are none who can withstand Your power, Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee (three times).
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.