15+ Beautiful Prayers for the Loss of a Mother | Cake Blog
Purchases made through affiliate links may also result in a commission for us.
Jump ahead to these sections:
You can read these prayers aloud to family members or pray with a group to honor your mother. If you or someone you know has recently lost a parent, our post-loss checklist can help you sort through all of the tasks you may be facing.
1. “Prayer for loss of mother” from Christianity
“Heavenly Father, nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel after my mother’s passing at this time,” says the prayer. Grief can make you feel broken and hopeless, but this prayer acknowledges God’s power to help you through it.
2. “Nature’s Course” from Taoism
“The flower invites the butterfly with no mind,/ The butterfly visits the flower with no mind./ By not knowing, we follow nature’s course,” says this prayer, emphasizing the cycle of life.
3. “Prayer for mother” from Christianity
Through Christ our Lord, Amen. Prayer: Have compassion in thy mercy on the souls of my father and mother; forgive them their sins, and grant that I may see them in the joy of eternal brightness.
4. “Only for a short while” from the Aztecs
This Aztec prayer reminds you that life is a gift, no matter how short it is. “Oh, only for so short a while you have loaned us to each other,” the Aztecs say.
5. “Cherokee Prayer Blessing” from the Cherokees
“May the warm winds of heaven/ gently blow upon your house./ May the Great Spirit/ bless all who enter there,” and “May your moccasins/ make happy tracks/ in many snows,/ and may the rainbow/ always touch your shoulder,” are two of the day’s prayers.
6. “Prayer for mourning” from Christianity
This is a prayer for those who are suffering, reminding them that they are not alone and that light will shine again. Philippians 4:8-9 says, “May you always remember/ when the shadows fall, you do not walk alone.”
7. “Jewish blessing for mourners” from Judaism
One of the most popular funeral prayers in Judaism is “As was the first meal, so shall be the last,” which reminds mourners that they aren’t the first to grieve and won’t be the last. For more, see our list of popular Jewish funeral prayers.
8. “Prayer for death” from Buddhism
“May the sweet light of change shine in the darkness,/ May the first breath of each morning resurrect life,/ May the memories unfold as prayers for life.”
9. “Prayer for mother” from Catholicism
Because your mother is no longer suffering in this world, you can pray for her salvation in the next world. “We beseech thee, O Lord, in thy mercy, to have pity on the soul of thy handmaid,” you can pray.
How do you pray for someone who lost their mom?
u201cHeavenly Father, nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel after my mother’s passing. My heart is broken and my spirit mourns. All I know is that your grace is sufficient, and there is comfort knowing she is with you in heaven…u201d u201cHeavenly Father, at this moment, nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel after my mother’s passing.
What is a good prayer for someone who lost a loved one?
Please keep and carry these precious people in their grief and loss; cover them with your great wings of love, give their weary hearts rest and their minds sound sleep; Lord, lift their eyes to catch a glimpse of eternity, and comfort them with the promise of heaven.
How do you pray for condolences?
Message of Condolence
- Our thoughts are with you.
- Thinking of you during these trying times.
- My prayers are with you and your family.
- Our hearts go out to you in your grief.
- Sharing your grief with love and friendship.
- No words can express my sorrow for your loss.
What is a good prayer for healing?
Loved God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, strengthen the hands of my healers, and bless the methods used to cure me; give me such faith in the power of your grace that I may put my complete trust in you even when I am afraid; through our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.
Will pray for your mother’s soul?
“A Prayer for a Deceased Mother” O God, who has commanded us to honor our father and mother, have mercy on the soul of my mother, and forgive her trespasses; and grant me to see her again in the joy of everlasting brightness, through Christ our Lord.
What is the best condolence message?
Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, and that we are sharing in your sorrow. Let the memories provide comfort in your journey through this loss as a testament to your strength and courage.
How do you comfort someone who lost a loved one over text?
Mourning Texts Examples
- I just wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you, praying for you, and grieving with you.
- I’m here if you ever need to talk.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
- Can I bring you anything?
What is a good sympathy message?
u201cWords fail to express my deep sorrow for your loss.u201d u201cMy heart goes out to you and your family.u201d u201cPlease know that I am with you, and I’m only a phone call away.u201d
How do you say my deepest condolences?
I’d like to express my heartfelt condolences right away.
- I’m so sorry for your loss.
- I’m stunned by this news.
- My heart breaks for you.
- I love you and I’m here for you.
- Please know that your friends love you and are here for you.
- I’m so sorry.
- My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
What are some comforting words?
Comforting Words for Someone Who Is Bereaved
- I’m sorry.
- I care about you.
- He/she will be greatly missed.
- He/she is in my thoughts and prayers.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- You are important to me.
What can I say instead of RIP?
‘Rest in Peace’ has ten alternative phrases or sayings.
- U201cThey will be missed.u201d
- U201cRest in Power.u201d
- U201cHe who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.u201d u2014 Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Writer.
What is the most powerful miracle prayer?
Lord Jesus, I come before Thee, just as I am, I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me, and I forgive all others for what they have done against me in Thy Name.
What is a good Bible verse for healing?
“Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” “And the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all.”
How do you say pray for fast recovery?
I’m thinking of you during this time of illness, and praying you will find strength in the Lord and his never-ending supply of love. God cares and hears our prayers, and I’m praying for you today!