Listening Prayer Helps You Hear God More Clearly. Here’s How.
The Book of James invites us to make a request to God for the wisdom we need. James 1:5 says God wants us to ask for wisdom and will generously give it to us.
Loren Cunningham, the founder of Youth With a Mission (YWAM), points out that impressions on our spirit can come from one of four places. Jesus gave his disciples power and authority to cast out demons and heal diseases, sending them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and heal the sick. Paul suggests that we can take authority over our own thoughts and make them obey Christ.
Where in the Bible does it say God listens to prayers?
“For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer,” 1 Peter 3:12 says, “but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.”
When you take time with God and listen to His voice?
u201cWhen you spend time with God and listen to His voice, He renews your strength and gives you the ability to handle life,u201d says Joyce Meyer.
How do you know if God heard your prayers?
God Is Answering Your Prayers in 4 Ways
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word.
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Others.
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
How can I listen to God when I pray?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Will God hear my prayer?
We are taught in the scriptures that if we address God with faith and real intent, He will always hear our prayers and will answer them; in our hearts, we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a sense of peace and calm; and we will also feel that everything will be fine if we follow the Father’s will.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Bible Verse Powerhouses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If our only hope in this life is in Christ, we will be the most miserable of all men.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper
- I will not be afraid.”
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
How do you know if God is trying to tell you something?
Repetition, or when a theme or message jumps out at you repeatedly, is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention. It can be through Scripture, sermons, articles, podcasts, or any other means He chooses.
How do you know when God is punishing you?
Because you’re a normal human being in a broken world, you’re experiencing difficult losses, painful emotions, terrible situations, depression, and loneliness. Your feelings are normal, but they’re not accurate; you think God is punishing you, but that’s just how you feel. God loves you and is watching over you.
Why does God not hear my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
How do God speak to us?
When we come to Him, speak to us in a voice we recognizeu2014for He knows us and meets us where we are.u201d No matter our level of understanding, God wants to communicate with us through prayer and the Holy Spirit’s influence. God doesn’t use fear tactics, though he can be very direct in his answers at times.
How can I talk to God and hear him?
What Is The Best Way To Hear God’s Voice?
- Humble yourself and get down on your knees.
- Pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.