Which are the 10 avatars of Vishnu?
Dashavatar: The Ten Incarnations of Lord Vishnu
- Matsya (fish) – Satya yuga.
- Kurma (tortoise) – Satya yuga.
- Varaha (boar) – Satya yuga.
- Narasimha (half human, half lion) – Satya yuga.
- Vamana (the dwarf brahman) – Treta yuga.
- Parshurama (the warrior) – Treta yuga.
- Rama (the prince) – Treta yuga.
- Krishna (the cowherd) – Dawapara yuga.
Who is powerful Krishna or Vishnu?
Krishna is one tenth of MahaVishnu. If Krishna is 1, Vishnu is 10. If Krishna is 1,00,00,000, Vishnu is 10,00,00,000. So power of Vishnu is ten times better than Krishna’s.
Why did Lord Vishnu take Krishna avatar?
In Lord Vishnu’s dashavatar, Rama and Krishna are the only avatars which are very popular and worshiped by everyone. Sri Krishna is one of the most lovable deities of the Hindu Religion. Therefore, Lord Vishnu created Krishna by using a portion of his potency to establish Dharma on earth.
What are the 24 avatars of Vishnu?
24 avatars of Vishnu are mentioned in Bachitar Natak’s composition in Dasam Granth, the second scripture of Sikhs written by Guru Gobind Singh:
- Macha (Matsya)
- Kaccha (Kurma)
- Narayana (Narayana in Nara-Narayana)
- Maha Mohini (Mohini)
- Bairaha (Varaha)
- Nar Singha (Narasimha)
- Bavana (Vamana)