Click to copy link
Prabhupada’s Palace of Gold
What is the Palace of Gold?
Perched on a secluded hilltop in West Virginia, the Palace of Gold has the feel of a great, glittery treasure ship that somehow drifted off the set of a Bollywood production. Prabhupada wax figure — first of several. At first it was to be a simple residence for Krishna’s spiritual leader, Srila Prabhupada.
When was the Palace of Gold built?
Originally designed in 1972 as a home for the community’s founder, Prabhupada, the palace was repurposed as a shrine when he died in 1977. Today, the palace is open to visitors, and from the exterior to the interior, the Palace of Gold dazzles the visitor.
What is in Moundsville WV?
Top Attractions in Moundsville
- West Virginia Penitentiary. 710 reviews.
- Archive of the Afterlife: The National Museum of the Paranormal. 304 reviews.
- Grave Creek Mound Archaeological Complex. 163 reviews.
- New Vrindaban Temple. 26 reviews.
- Palace of Gold. 225 reviews.
- Grand Vue Park.
- Fostoria Glass Museum.
- The Strand Theatre.