Does God hear my prayers?
Prayer allows us to enjoy God (Revelation 3:20), confess our sin (1 John 1:9), ask Him to meet our needs (Psalm 50:15), and align our wills with His (Jeremiah 29:11u201312).
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.” 2. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners.”
Why is God not listening to my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
What is the Psalm 91 prayer?
“He is my refuge and fortress, my God, in whom I put my trust,” I will say of the LORD. “Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence; he will cover you with his feathers, and you will find refuge under his wings; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”
Why do I feel like I can’t hear God?
Most people are unable to hear God’s voice because they do not believe He is speaking to them; they may believe they lack the ability, they may have false theological barriers to hearing God’s voice, or they may simply believe God would not speak to them because they are unqualified.
How do you know God has answered your prayers?
God Is Answering Your Prayers in 4 Ways
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word.
- God Answers Your Prayers Through Others.
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
Does God speak to sinners?
Others confess their sins at their bedside after reading the Bible; God speaks to the sinner’s heart no matter where they are; however, there is only “One Way” to salvation, which is through the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What is the most powerful prayer for protection?
As I begin this day, I pray for Your protection; You are my safe haven, and I can always find refuge under Your wings. Protect me from harm wherever I go, and keep evil at bay.
What does it mean to be under the shadow of the Almighty?
“Under the shadow of the Almighty” can also mean “in the presence of God.” God is always present, and all good is yours in His presence. Understanding this allows you to be at peace, no matter what your current circumstances are.
What does pestilence mean in Psalms 91?
Pestilence is one of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation (which is part of The Bible), and it refers to a deadly and overwhelming disease that affects an entire community. The Black Plague, which killed over thirty percent of Europe’s population, was certainly a pestilence. Pestilence is also one of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation (which is part of The Bible).
How do you hear God in silence?
Now that you understand some of the reasons why God may appear to be silent in your life, here are seven ways to begin hearing God’s voice in your life right away.
- Reading God’s Word.
- Advice from Wise People.
- Worship Music.
How can I be still listened to God?
Allow yourself to relax into God’s presence by playing some light music or simply listening to the sound of the water. As your body relaxes, allow your mind to relax and drift into stillness. Set aside your own thoughts and to-do lists and just listen.
What does the Bible say about hearing voices?
The disciples are alone with Jesus after hearing a voice from the cloud say, u201cThis is my Son, the Beloved; listen to him!u201d (Mark 9:7), u201cThis is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!u201d (Matthew 17:5), and u201cThis is my Son, my Chosen; listen to him!u201d (Luke 9:35).