Who are the main characters in Their Eyes Were Watching God?
What type of character is Janie in Their Eyes Were Watching God?
Janie Mae Crawford. Although Their Eyes Were Watching God revolves around Janie’s relationships with other people, it is first and foremost a story of Janie’s search for spiritual enlightenment and a strong sense of her own identity. When we first and last see Janie, she is alone.
Who were Janie’s three husbands?
- Janie Mae Crawford – The protagonist of the novel.
- Tea Cake – Janie’s third husband and first real love.
- Jody Starks – Janie’s second husband.
- Logan Killicks – Janie’s first husband.
- Pheoby Watson – Janie’s best friend in Eatonville.
- Nanny Crawford – Janie’s grandmother.
- Sam Watson – Pheoby’s husband.
Who are the Washburns?
Janie Crawford (Killicks, Starks, Woods)
Janie is a beautiful black woman with partially white ancestry. As a child, Janie is brought up by her grandmother, Nanny. Janie listens to her grandmother and marries a man of Nanny’s choosing: Logan Killicks.6 days ago