Prayers That God Will Not Hear (How Not To Pray)
“When you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you.” (Psalm 66:18). “Ye ask and do not receive, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.” (James 4:3). “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!” (1 Peter 3:7).
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the Lord’s eyes are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the Lord’s face is against those who do evil.” 2. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners.”
Why is God not listening to my prayers?
– God will not answer your prayers if they are motivated by selfish motives and driven by hidden pride in your heart; whoever turns away his ear from hearing the Law, his prayer [shall be] abomination.
What does it mean when you pray and God is silent?
Trust God’s presence when you hear God’s silence and feel his absence; however, the story behind the story of Christmas is that you can trust God because he literally moved heaven and earth to bring the message of his grace, forgiveness, and presence to you. God is with us and active even when God is silent.
Does God hear all prayers?
I’ve come to the conclusion that God hears all who pray, but that we must live the commandments and seek him in order to receive his answers. Prayer is a form of communication between God and man, and our questions to the Lord in prayer for knowledge and wisdom should be faithful questions.
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.
Why keep praying when there is no answer?
God wants you to think about the Blesser. Consistent prayer clarifies your request, and a delayed response gives you time to clarify exactly what you want and refine your prayers. When you pray to your heavenly Father repeatedly, it distinguishes deep longings from whims.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
Does God forgive all sins?
All sins shall be forgiven, except sins against the Holy Ghost; for Jesus will save all except the sons of perdition; he must first receive the Holy Ghost, have the heavens opened unto him, and know God, and then sin against him; there is no repentance for a man who has sinned against the Holy Ghost.
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
Why is prayer silent?
Silent prayer, or even a moment of silence at a public solemn event, is practiced in many cultures by people of various religions and those who have no religious affiliations, and the divine power of Spirit that can be felt during silent prayer helps us feel our Father in heaven’s healing and protecting presence.
What are signs that God is talking to you?
Is it possible that you’re ignoring signs that God is speaking to you?
- God’s Audible Voice.
- Wise Counsel.
- Visions and Dreams.
- Your Inner Knowing.
- Blocked Paths.
- Do you do your devotions or Bible study every day but consciously choose to live in direct opposition to His word?
Can God bless a sinner?
While all wrongdoing is sin, there is sin that is not deadlyu201d (5:15-17), because being dead in sins blocks any other blessings rather powerfully. So, while God can bless even serious sinners, we should not assume that He will, and instead pray for lifesaving repentance.
Are unbelievers separated from God?
Unbelievers are spiritually and relationally separated from God because of their sin, which is why they must put their faith in Jesus and His righteousness.