How to Spend Time with God
God created us, loves us, and wants to be our friend, but we are separated from Him because of our sin. The Good News is that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins, so getting close to the One who loves you the most isn’t as difficult as it may appear.
Practical Ways to Spend Time with God
Join a Bible study or listen to uplifting Christian music. God is waiting for you to reach out to him. What’s keeping you from doing so?
How can I spend time to pray with God?
Here’s my list of 10 Ways to Spend Time With God, but I’ll go over each one in greater detail below!
- Make a Plan.
- Start a Gratitude Journal.
- Have a Closet Retreat.
- Make the Most of Your Driving Time.
- Write Scripture.
- Color A Bible Verse.
- Pray A Psalm.
- Listen To Worship Music.
How do I spend more time with God?
How to Make Time for God During the Day
- Make God a priority.
- Use your time wisely.
- Look for micro opportunities throughout the day.
- Listen to the Bible with an Audio Bible.
- Be Intentional About Your Time With God.
- Get Rid of Unnecessary Distractions.
How do you spend time with God when busy?
Incorporate God into your daily routine.
- Bring God into your dinner conversation.
- Tell someone you love them.
- Tell someone God loves them.
- Write a sweet one-sentence note to someone.
- Pray with your children at night.
- Read Christian books to your young children.
How can I put God first in my life?
10. Take a look at your god’s first life planner.
- Write down when you’ll spend time in God’s Word.
- Make a weekly to-do list.
- Plan family activities.
- Set aside time for rest.
- Find encouragement with verses that remind you that with God, anything is possible!
- Prayer reminders for praying throughout the day.
What do you call your time with God?
Quiet time, also known as “personal Bible study” or “personal devotions,” is a regular individual session of Christian spiritual activities such as prayer, private meditation, contemplation, worship of God, or Bible study. It is also known as “heart-to-heart time” or “one-on-one time with the creator.”
How do you devote time to God?
How To Devote Time To God On A Daily Basis
- Take notes, use tabs, and journal.
- Use apps and online blogs.
- Use a friend or study group.
How do you spend time with God alone?
You can study the Bible backwards and forwards and still have no relationship with God if you spend time alone with him. Talk to God throughout your quiet time, especially toward the end. Praise him, confess to him, thank him, and ask him questions.
How can I get closer to God?
Have you ever wondered how to become more spiritually connected to God?
- 2.1 Read your Bible. 2.2 Pray. 2.3 Fellowship with other Christians. 2.4 Be humble. 2.6 Confess your sins and repent from bad habits. 2.7 Love others. 2.8 Express gratitude.
What are the benefits of spending time with God?
Become More Forgiving: It’s impossible to spend time with God and not become more forgiving, because we’ve already experienced God’s forgiveness, which allows us to forgive others.
How can I live with God everyday?
What it Means to Live for Jesus
- Spend time praying each day.
- Serve others.
- Study the Bible.
- Share God’s word with others.
- Resist temptation.
- Put God first.
- Don’t place too much value on material things.
How do I worship God all day?
Here are a few things you can do throughout the day to spend more time with God.
- Start your day with Him.
- Pray sincerely.
- Write Down Things You Are Thankful For.
- Notice and Turn Your Complaints Into Praise.
- Enjoy God’s Creation.
- Love Others.
- Love Yourself.
Is praying spending time with God?
We love the quote by E.M. He doesn’t just want robotic servants, He wants a family that loves Him and wants to spend time with Him.