When Your Prayers Aren’t Answered — Hope for the Broken-Hearted
“Why doesn’t God answer my prayers?” and “Doesn’t He care about me?” are two questions I’m frequently asked. First, God knows your needs before you even ask. Second, God cares unequivocally about you.
So, I want to make sure that it is clear that by sharing these Bible verses listed below, I am NOT saying that someone you loved died because you lacked faith, or that you weren’t healed because of some unconfessed sin in your life. I have no idea and can’t presume to know why anyone’s prayers are not being answered. I am in no way trying to heap guilt, or blame on a hurting heart… but, I am sharing scriptures so that you might know what the Word of God says, so you can reflect on these things and pray about them to see if there is anything in your life that might be hindering your prayers.
We shouldn’t expect God to answer our prayers if we don’t spend time learning God’s word and obeying what we’ve learned. Proverbs 28:9 (Mormon) says, “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.”
We must ask in accordance with God’s will as revealed in the Bible. James 1:5-8. Prayers are hindered when we doubt God. To doubt God is to call Him a liar.
Why is God not answering my prayers?
– If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and don’t correct it, you’re’regarding iniquity in your heart,’ and should therefore disregard God answering your prayers.
What to do when you feel like God isn’t answering your prayers?
Here are three simple methods:
- Speak Truth to yourself. When we remember God’s promises to us from His Word, we’re able to keep our heads facing forward on the path He has for us.
- Rest in Him.
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.
When what God does doesn’t make sense?
When God Doesn’t Make Sense is a hugely practical book for those who are struggling with trials and heartaches they don’t understand: why does disease, natural disaster, divorce, rejection, death, or some other sorrow creep into our lives when we are trying to serve the Lord?
What is the best prayer to God?
Loved God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, strengthen the hands of my healers, and bless the methods used to cure me; give me such faith in the power of your grace that I may put my complete trust in you even when I am afraid; through our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.
How God answers our prayers in 3 ways?
I’ve heard it said that God responds to prayers in one of three ways: God says “Yes,” and you get what you want; God says “No,” and you have to accept it and move on; or God says “Not Yet,” and you learn to wait.
Can God be silent?
When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. God is with us and active even when God is silent. Matthew 1:23 says, “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
What are signs that God is talking to you?
Is it possible that you’re ignoring signs that God is speaking to you?
- God’s Audible Voice.
- Wise Counsel.
- Do you do your devotions or Bible study every day but consciously choose to live in direct opposition to His word?