Prayer: The Power of an Honest Conversation with God
Exodus 33:11-33: In the Tent of Meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as if he were a friend. Psalm 62:5-8: Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.
Friendship Starts with Honesty
Psalms 34:17-18. We often try to avoid telling God about our disappointments and pain. While the holidays can be a happy time, they can also bring up painful memories. We can use these times to be closer to God if we choose to be honest rather than hide.
What does it mean to be honest with God?
Some people use the phrase ‘honest to God’ to express their feelings or to emphasize that something is truly true. [informal, emphasis] I really wish we weren’t doing this, Lillian, honest to God.
What is an honest prayer?
These words are frequently accompanied by real action u2014 the “pray-er” truly invests time and intention on behalf of the “pray-ee,” entering a prayer closet, as it were, to offer heartfelt soulful intercession, supplication, and thanksgiving for another person or situation.
Is prayer the only way to communicate with God?
God speaks to us through His word and the Holy Spirit in us, who helps us understand and apply His word to our lives. It is through prayer that we communicate back to God, who created us and saved us through Christ because he desires to be in a relationship with us.
Can you say Honest to God?
Some people use the phrase “honest to God” to express their feelings or to emphasize that something is truly true; I really wish we weren’t doing this, Lillian.
What is the honest to God truth?
1. expression Sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity; sincerity
How do I talk to God and hear his voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How do I connect with God spiritually?
Without going to church, here are 9 ways to be spiritual and connect with God:
- Slow down.
- Meditate or pray.
- Enjoy the outdoors.
- Stay open to finding God within yourself.
- Look for God in each person you meet.
- Stay open to experiencing the Spirit in unexpected places.
How do you make God speak to you?
What Is The Best Way To Hear God’s Voice?
- Humble yourself and get down on your knees.
- Pray for God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
What do you gain when you communicate with God?
We learn to hear God’s voice in the words we read as we study the written word of God, and as we return to the holy scriptures again and again, we gain experience and confidence in hearing and feeling His voice.u201d