When You’re Waiting and Praying but Nothing Changes
I beg on my knees because I want something big, and I’m sure God wants it as well. Surely, if it’s a good thing and it aligns with God’s desires, I should be given it.
God asks us to surrender, wait, trust, and believe. I’m tempted to think of lying prostrate in prayer until everything is fixed. But waiting and praying isn’t always enough.
Why my prayers are not answered by God?
– If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and don’t correct it, you’re’regarding iniquity in your heart,’ and should therefore disregard God answering your prayers.
What to do when you feel like prayer isn’t working?
Surround yourself with the truth of who God is. It’s important to stay connected to the truth and to people who will remind you of the truth, especially when you’re feeling vulnerable and confused about why God isn’t responding. Press into Him when you’re feeling like running away.
What is the prayer that never fails?
There are none who can withstand Your power, Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee (three times).
What do I do when God is silent?
Bring it to the Lord, speak to him, be honest in front of him, trust that he hears you, take refuge in his faithfulness, and know that there is a mighty God who loves you behind every heavy silence.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How do you go about practicing listening prayer?
- Bring your request for guidance to God.
- Wait in silence for 10-12 minutes for God to speak to you.
- Write down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you.
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
How do I know if my prayers are being answered?
How Will I Know If My Prayer Has Been Answered?
- If you fall, He’ll catch you. If He wants you to go a certain way, He’ll open a door for you. If God doesn’t want you to go that way, you’ll meet a closed door.
How do I ask God for a miracle?
Pray with precision.
- As part of your prayer, repeat simple and direct phrases. For example, repeat the Catholic “Miracle Prayer,” which goes like this: “Lord Jesus, I come before Thee, just as I am, I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me.”
What is the prayer to find lost things?
“St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find [name what is lost] which has been lost.” “St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find [name what is lost] which has been lost.”
What is the most beautiful prayer dedicated to Mary?
Help me in my need, fruitful vine, heavenly splendor, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin; O Star of the Sea, help me herein and show me that you are my Mother; none can withstand thy power.
Can God be silent?
When you hear God’s silence and feel his absence, trust his presence. God is with us and active even when God is silent. Matthew 1:23 says, “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
How do you know when God is telling you something?
3 Indicators That God Is Trying To Communicate With You
- Repetitive Messages. Repetition is one of the most obvious ways God tries to get your attention.
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious way God tries to get your attention is through your friends.
How can I be silent and listen to God?
1) Find a quiet place and sit in silence with God for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. Use this time for listening prayer, resisting the urge to fill the space with words.