Open My Eyes That I May See
Prayer Week is a time to rekindle our passion for prayer and Bible meditation. Without re-awakening, renewal, and restoration, everything becomes old, worn, and weak. The two rails of this train are prayer before God’s throne and Bible meditation.
Three Things to Learn from Psalm 119:18
“Open my eyes, that I may see wonderful things from your law,” Psalm 119:18 says, and if God doesn’t open our eyes, we won’t see the wonder of the word. When we read the Bible, we must pray to God for supernatural illumination.
A Three-Step Truth
We cannot even see what the word truly is without God’s supernatural help, and we must be a people of daily prayer, asking God to do whatever it takes to get the wonders of the word into our hearts.
1. The word is crucial to a life of holiness.
“We cannot even see what the word really is without God’s supernatural help,” says Psalm 119. How can we avoid sin in our lives if we treasure God’s word in our hearts? By meditating on, memorizing, and cherishing God’s commandments and warnings.
2. We cannot see without God’s help.
Because we are fallen, corrupt, and dead in sin, we are blind, ignorant, and hard, and we will never see the beauty of spiritual reality without God’s illumination, Paul says, “The way to godliness and power is by treasuring up the Bible in our hearts.”
3. We need to pray for God to help us see.
Unless God opens our eyes to the glory of the word, it is like the sun shining in the face of a blind man. Paul says, “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so that you will know what is the hope of His calling.”
Seven Kinds of Prayer to Soak our Bible Reading
Psalm 119:18 shows how the writer prays about his reading of God’s word, and we ask God to help us understand in other parts of the psalm. Psalm 119:27: “Make me understand the way of Your precepts.” Psalm 119:36: “Incline my heart to your testimonies and not to [dishonest] gain.” That God would give us life to keep his word.
The Word, Our Treasure
“I rise before dawn and cry for help; I wait for your words,” David says in Psalm 119:147. “Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from your law,” he asks God. Would you make prayer a top priority?
How do I pray to God?
I hope they inspire you to make the year 2021 a year of prayer.
- Thank him.
- Ask for God’s will.
- Say what you need.
- Ask for forgiveness.
- Pray with a friend.
- Pray the Word.
- Memorize Scripture.
How do I pray to ask God for help?
I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand… For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’
How do you ask for a miracle?
Pray with precision.
- As part of your prayer, repeat simple and direct phrases. For example, repeat the Catholic “Miracle Prayer,” which goes like this: “Lord Jesus, I come before Thee, just as I am, I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me.”
How do I bring God into my life?
Inviting God to Be a Part of Your Life
- Tell him you are ready to trust him and invite him to enter all of your thoughts, words, and deeds.
What is the best prayer to God?
Loved God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, strengthen the hands of my healers, and bless the methods used to cure me; give me such faith in the power of your grace that I may put my complete trust in you even when I am afraid; through our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.
What are the 4 types of prayer?
u201cPrayer is the raising of the mind and heart to God or the requesting of good things from God,u201d writes John Damascene. This definition encompasses the four main types of prayer: adoration, contrition, thanksgiving, and supplication.
How do I talk to God?
It’s fine to pray with your eyes open and your head held high, just as it’s fine to pray kneeling and silent. It’s common to recite some traditional prayers out loud, but it’s also very common to pray silently to yourself.
How do you ask God for something you really want?
God can answer vague prayers, but being specific creates a stronger bond between you and Him. Tell God what you want or need and ask Him to provide it for you.
How do you know if God is punishing you?
Because you’re a normal human being in a broken world, you’re experiencing difficult losses, painful emotions, terrible situations, depression, and loneliness. Your feelings are normal, but they’re not accurate; you think God is punishing you, but that’s just how you feel. God loves you and is watching over you.
How do I activate God’s healing power?
Allow God’s healing power to flow freely in your life!
- Receive and share healing words.
- Pray with authority to release God’s power.
- Continue to minister to people if they aren’t healed right away.
- Use the five-step prayer model.
- Step out, take risks, and watch God do the miraculous.
What does God say about healing?
“Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” “And the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all.”
How do I draw closer to God?
How to Get Closer to God
- Receiving Jesus into your life is the first step toward growing closer to the Lord.
- Study the Bible. If you want to grow closer to God, you must study the Bible.
- Pray. Prayer is how we communicate with God.
- Worship and Praise Him.
- Trust Him.
- Have Faith.
- Get Involved.
How can I put God first in my life?
10. Take a look at your god’s first life planner.
- Write down when you’ll spend time in God’s Word.
- Make a weekly to-do list.
- Plan family activities.
- Schedule some downtime.
- Find encouragement with verses that remind you that with God, anything is possible!
- Prayer reminders for praying throughout the day.
How can I be spiritually connected to God?
Without going to church, here are 9 ways to be spiritual and connect with God:
- Slow down.
- Meditate or pray.
- Enjoy the outdoors.
- Stay open to finding God within yourself.
- Look for God in each person you meet.
- Stay open to experiencing the Spirit in unexpected places.