What are the biblical names for God?
Scripture presents many references to the names for God, but the key names in the Old Testament are: God the High and Exalted One, El Shaddai and YHWH (on the meaning of the latter name there is almost no agreement). In the New Testament Theos, Kyrios and Patēr (πατήρ i.e. Father in Greek) are the essential names.
What are the 100 names of God?
Experience the peace, joy, and hope that come from deepening your understanding of who God is with Rose’s 100 Names of God Christian devotional.
- Adonai — means “The Lord” or “My Great Lord”
- El Shaddai — “The All-Sufficient One”
- Jehovah-Rapha — “The Lord Who Heals”
- Jehovah-Jireh — “The Lord Who Provides”
What are the 7 names of God?
Seven names of God. The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot.
What are the 12 names of God?
Terms in this set (12)
- ELOHIM. My Creator.
- JEHOVAH. My Lord God.
- EL SHADDAI. My Supplier.
- ADONAI. My Master.
- JEHOVAH JIREH. My Provider.
- JEHOVAH ROPHE. My Healer.
- JEHOVAH NISSI. My Banner.
- JEHOVAH MAKADESH. My Sanctifier.
What are the 72 names of God?
- 1.1 YHWH.
- 1.2 El.
- 1.3 Eloah.
- 1.4 Elohim.
- 1.5 Elohai.
- 1.6 El Shaddai.
- 1.7 Tzevaot.
- 1.8 Jah.
What are the 16 names of God?
Be sure to visit our updated 16 Names of God & What They Mean post as well.
- Who is God to you?
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
What is the highest name of God?
What is God’s true name?
Yahweh. Yahweh, the god of the Israelites, whose name was revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton. After the Babylonian Exile (6th century bce), and especially from the 3rd century bce on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons.
What is the oldest name for God?